Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I get a Southern Belle/Classy/Old-Fashioned feeling into my story?

It takes place in a small town called Josephine Falls in South Carolina and I really want to be able to convey the whole graceful, sunny, southern thing into it. I don't mean "Southern" like rodeos and rednecks, I mean the true South where every single thing is older than you could even imagine and it's beautiful because of that. I'd just really like some help with thinking of things that I could do or things that I could include that would make my story contain that lovely Southern personality.|||Why bless your little ole heart. Y'all need a nice, slow, southern drawl. Setting is antebellum homes, lots of civil war references. Fried okra, turnip greens, cornbread all washed down with sweet tea. Watch Gone With The Wind and Steel Magnolias.Y'all come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment