Friday, September 23, 2011

Does the middle name Dakota sound like a southern belle name?

Cause that's what my friend just told me.


If it doesn't, what does it remind you of?|||No, it doesn't seem Southern Belle at all. I imagine a Southern Belle having some classic name, like Charlotte, Mary/Marie, Eliza/Elizabeth, or something quirky-dated, like Rosamund. :) Or maybe something mildly French, like Yvette?





I imagine, if anything, Dakota as being West Coast, or maybe New England?|||No, it doesn't remind me of that. It just reminds me of Dakota Fanning...or North/South Dakota.|||Well when i think of southern belle names i think of like, Susan or Claire or Kirsten or something really preppy like Tori.





Dakota is more like a country name.


Its very pretty :)|||I think Dakota is very cute!


it reminds me of my guy friend dakota but it can go for either gender! :)|||Yeah it kind of does but that's just my opinion. It also reminds me of Dakota Fanning.|||Not at all. I think it sounds somewhat western.|||It's the name of a Native American tribe--another tribe tricked, betrayed, and murdered by European settlers and the US gov't.





Frankly, I think it's in very poor taste to use the name if you're not Native American. Settlers and the gov't have stolen their land and their lives and now you want to steal part of their heritage?





Tacky isn't a strong-enough word...

No comments:

Post a Comment