Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm auditioning for "Belle" from Beauty and the Beast. What's a good monologue for my audition?

I've been waiting for this audition for months, ever since I heard that our school was doing this play! I have my song down, but I just need a good monologue.





I've heard that Nellie from "South Pacific" is a good character to portray or get monologues from, but I was wondering if anybody has any other suggestions.





Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!|||Nellie from South Pacific is a sure fire winner!


When South Pacific played in Melbourne Paige Ohara played her, do you know who she is?


The original voice actress of Belle from Disney's Beauty and the Beast!





Nothing from Little Women! Belle is upbeat not mundane!


All the best :)|||Try one of Jo's monologues from "Little Women". It's been said "there's a lot of Katharine Hepburn in Belle.", who played Jo in the film way back then. If you are trying out for Babette, I suggest looking at shows that Bernadette Peters has performed in and finding a monologue from one of those. You could put Carlotta's lines together from "Phantom of the Opera" for Madame de la Grande Bouche. If you are an aspiring Mrs. Potts, I strongly suggest a monologue/lines by Mother Abbess in "The Sound of Music" or Nettie's monologue/lines in "Carousel". They'll work out great! I'm curious...what song did you choose? :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment