Friday, September 23, 2011

I am the beast in beauty and the beast, I just realized I am really in love with Belle! How do I tell her?

I am starring as the Beast in beauty and the Beast. After getting to know the person who plays Belle, I realized I loved her. It is strange how my story fits the musical. How do I tell her that I like her? And How do I find out if she likes me?|||I love the way that happens :)





It is a tricky boat to be in. Sometimes there are two shows in a production, the show that happens on stage and the show that happens off stage.





One of the magical things about theatre is the group you perform with. You start off as strangers, as rehearsals go on, you become closer, friends, companions, then when the show is over - it's like a bomb hits and everyone scatters everywhere. People say they'll keep in touch - generally they don't. Then you get involved in your next show and you start a new experience all over again. It is very parable to the story of Beauty and the Beast as both characters develop a relationship in the same way.





Be mindful that some of those relationships are as euphoric as acting itself. That being said follow what you feel, be the person that you are and act on it.





People do theatre for all different kinds of reasons, possibly the actress and your interests match. You're not going to know until you find out.





You can do this by either of the following ways:


. Having a scout, a mutual friend who you feel you can trust, to get the insight on what's going on in her life and if she has feelings for anyone.


. Doing the work yourself. Just spending more time around her, casual conversations in her dressing room, getting her to assist you with your make up, asking for her opinion on things.


. Being the secret admirer. Putting a single red rose under the windscreen wiper on her car, a nice note before an important performance. Then asking her when the time is right, "did you like the card?"





Depends on the type of person you are and which way you feel more comfortable with. All of the ones listed above were tried and tested until I found the one for me!





All the best mate :)|||Be careful. When you're doing a play/musical, it's very emotional. Playing the Beast, you are drawing on some of your emotional vulnerability and so is the girl playing Belle. This might make you feel very close to each other- you have a shared experience- but it could just be acting. Your life in theatre and your life outside are different things.





Presumably you'll have an after-cast party? You could get her a gift or something as a thank-you, and maybe ask to meet up sometime after the show. But once the excitement of the show is over, there's a chance she might say no, or that the relationship would not live up to expectations.





The fact that you use 'love' is strange. Perhaps it's a bit soon for that- you only know each other in the context of the show. It suggests that your emotions are heightened by the fact that the show is romantic. If she'd only been a small part, would you still like her then?|||Dear crazy person i dont know haha


dear matt,


i think you should ask her during the play...that would be pretty romantic haha. Tell her something while ur dancing if you dont have a line...hmm wow am i smart ahah. hope everything works out|||Hi so uhm I would go up to her and be like "Hi. I heard a rumor that you liked me... is that true?" or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment