Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do I act like Belle? It is not a Musical but I really want the part. I'm in Middle School?

I'm in 8th Grade and I was the White Rabbit 2 years ago in Alice in Wonderland, and last year I was the Lion in the Wizard of Oz. I think those are really good parts for my age, but this year, I want the lead. I hope I don't sound arrogant, but i'm feeling it this year! :) Thank you very much for any impute!|||Well, as someone who has had many lead roles in school plays, i say the best thing you can do is be as confident in the audition as possible. Exaggerate your words and speak loudly and clearly, looking the teachers (or whoever is deciding who gets the parts) in the eye frequently. Try to memorise the line coming up so you can say it without looking at the sheet (to impress them with your good memory).


If you are doing an audition with other people than make sure you don't just read the script, but act as if you were performing it in front of a live audience and interact with them.


Don't mess with your hair, hands, nails etc. or look at the floor or shuffle your feet, anything that makes you look nervous and disliking the attention as they want strong, confident, happy people to play the part.


Good luck! :)





Edit: Oh i forgot, and with all normal acting make sure you include facial expressions and act as if the character Belle would. Can't fully remember her character but if there's a chance to curtsey or anything after a line go ahead and do it to really impress the teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment